Uninstalling Oracle 10g Manually from Windows XP/Windows 2003 Server
I have uninstalled Oracle 10g manually for my Windows XP and Windows 2003 server. Here are the steps bellow:
Use Oracle Universal installer to deinstall Oracle.
Follow the steps and select correct oracle home to remove it.
After running the supplied Oracle uninstallation utility (which may or may not do some or all of the following):
• Stop any Oracle services that have been left running.
Look for any services with names starting with 'Oracle' and stop them.
Take the backup of your registry in case you accidentally delete other thing (wrongly delete any entry in registry might let to reinstall whole server.)
In DOS command prompt type regedit
Move the icon in my computer then file-export
• Run regedit and delete the following keys (some may have slightly different names in your registry):
Reboot the system.
• Delete the Oracle home directory
• Delete the Oracle Program Files directory:
• Delete the Oracle Start Menu shortcuts directory:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Oracle*
Where * indicates the name of your install. Look for and remove all Oracle directories from that location.
• Remove Oracle refereces from the path. To edit your path go to:
Start->Settings->Control Panel->System->Advanced->Environment Variables
Edit both of the environment variables user PATH and system PATH. Remove any Oracle references in them.
• Remove Oracle.DataAccess and any Polic.Oracle files from the GAC which is at:
Now you can install Oracle 10g.